Pages

Jun 13, 2014

Off to a Good Start

Because for two nights in a row we stayed up late having fun with friends and family, and two mornings in a row the kids slept in until 10.

Because this morning it was the perfect temperature on my porch, and sunny with a nice breeze.

Because this bran muffin is delicious, and doesn't screw up my blood sugar.

And because I don't think I've mentioned here yet that we are moving forward with the adoption, and though I have no clue what the timetable will be- it's happening...

I celebrated by splashing some milk in my morning coffee and nursing it far longer than usual, sitting on my porch and enjoying my muffin while my groggy kids ate breakfast.


I feel pretty good these days.  I don't know if it's this baby growing in my belly, or the adoption, or just a great start to our summer vacation, but I feel this wonderful sense of beginning.  I feel stronger and smarter than I've ever been, but I also feel young in the BEST possible way- like it's all still ahead of me.  I'm only 26 years old, and I feel like I can still do whatever I want.  Nothing is ruled out yet!  I'm not intimidated, just excited.  


No comments:

Post a Comment