Pages

Jun 6, 2014

30 Weeks

The baby is... learning new tricks already.  My kid is obviously a genius because it mastered jamming its foot into my ribs in just one day.  It took me a minute to figure out what was happening- I felt a weird dull pain in my side, so I shifted my weight and pushed  on it with my fingers and I felt the baby move its leg away- crazy!  Sometimes it's hard to imagine that all of the little pokes and wiggles I feel are coming from a real tiny human, so these reminders are pretty awesome.  As the day wore on and the baby continued to do it over and over again it became slightly less impressive. ;-)

I'm feeling... great right now.  On Tuesday afternoon I rather suddenly came down with a head cold, and I've had my ups and downs since then.  I went out to the lake Wednesday and while it was really fun and totally worth it, I kind of paid for it yesterday.  The worst part is that when I'm laid up feeling sick I reaaaallly crave comfort food (read- junk), and I just can't have it.  Even though I stuck to my GD diet I still had slightly elevated numbers yesterday- I guess just because I didn't get in any activity and I was stressed out from being sick and uncomfortable.

Cliche (or not!) Pregnancy Symptoms... I feel like baby-foot-in-the-rib is a cliche.  I've had some heartburn, too, though it hasn't been bad.  I'm hoping heartburn means this baby will come out with hair.  Obviously it doesn't matter much either way, but I do think the fuzzy heads on tiny newborns are pretty adorable.

Gestational Diabetes... I met with the nutritionist on Wednesday and showed her my food logs and blood sugar numbers.  She liked my numbers, and she said that since I was making rational choices and understood carb counting I didn't need to keep a food log anymore.  I lost another pound, but she didn't seem concerned.  Still, I feel like on average my numbers are creeping up.  I don't know for sure, but it makes sense to me to think that the farther along you get the more difficult it is for your pancreas to keep up, (because your baby is getting bigger) and you may have to be more strict with your diet to keep your numbers where they belong.  I'm totally guessing, it just makes sense to me.  She said when I come in next week they'll average my after breakfast numbers for the last 7 days, and as long as the number is 119 or below I won't have to take any medicine.  So far I can hit that average easily, but I want to keep it that way.  I might continue to keep a food log for as long as I can pull it off.

I'm enjoying... the first day of summer vacation.  The kids actually slept in until 8:30 today, which is completely out of character for them.  I had a good hour this morning drinking coffee, hanging out with Chris and watering plants before the kids got up.  It was peaceful.

I'm looking forward to... baby time (less than 10 weeks now!)  Baby shower time.  Hitting the lake many more times.  2 out of 3 kids start summer baseball soon, and I'm looking forward to that, too.  I'm a little worried about coping with the heat, but I do like to watch them play.


No comments:

Post a Comment