Pages

Mar 20, 2014

19 Weeks

The baby is... moving!  A lot!  It's very exciting- I've been feeling it for about a week now.  At first the sensation was faint and I wasn't sure if it was just gas or not.  The more consistent it got the more sure I was, and now I frequently get little pokes like I'm getting kicked.  I had an ultrasound on Tuesday and that was awesome because I could see the baby move and feel it at the same time.  It's about 6 inches long and 13 ounces right now, according to their best estimate.  Everything looks great!

I'm feeling... like an actual human again.  I was really beginning to worry that I was going to be miserable my whole pregnancy, but now I'm getting to experience the "magical" 2nd trimester.  Zero nausea, just a little heartburn, I have more energy during the day and I'm sleeping great at night.  My house is clean, (by my standards), for the first time since Thanksgiving and I'm finally back to cooking and eating healthy.  I did gain a whopping 7 pounds in 4 weeks, but the nurse just said "Eh, as long as you don't gain that much every month."  I'm also not sure where the idea of glowing skin came from, because I'm rocking dry skin and plenty of jawline acne.  Oh well.

Cliche (or not!) pregnancy symptoms? A baby bump!  Feeling pretty good though...

I'm enjoying... feeling the baby move and gorgeous weather.  I know we need rain in California, but since I can't control it I'm going to enjoy the sunshine.

I'm looking forward to... staying in this stage as long as possible.  I feel good, I can play with the kids, we're finishing a lot of little projects around the house, and Slim just started softball games this week which I'm really enjoying watching.  Of course I'm looking forward to the baby being born, and I'm looking forward to the summertime and swimming in the lake, but right now I'm in no rush.

I tried to have Chris take pictures but I was moody and didn't like them and decided I'd be better off doing it myself!
A little more baby knitting- I'm going to add a wooden button to the brim.  Charlie thinks these things are for him to play with, so when I put them somewhere he can get to (like on the bed to take a picture) he has to jump up and get involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment