Pages

Oct 27, 2013

Party!

Last night we had our second annual Halloween party!  It was pretty simple and low key, but we had a lot of fun.  Other than our normal fall/Halloween decorations, we just threw up a few things yesterday when we were done cleaning- balloons, streamers, some black construction paper and chalk (I really am a fan of the current chalkboard fad).



For food we made a ton of baked potatoes with some of the basic fixings, this spiced apple cider, coffee, cookies and candy.  Our guests brought the rest and it was delicious. There were chips with homemade guacamole, chili, sweet jalapeno poppers, mini pizzas, cookies with fun dip, and apple crisp.  We opted for real dishes instead of paper and plastic, and it worked out great.  We just made sure the dishwasher was completely empty before everyone got here, and then put out every plate and mug we owned!

Entertainment was music, cookie decorating, about $20 worth of glow sticks, and each other's lovely company- which is mostly what the grown ups were looking for anyway.  (The kids sure loved the glow sticks though.)  Everyone dressed up, and the costumes were varied and awesome.  Towards the end of the night we played a little cards and a little Scategories.

I am so grateful that I can have parties with my kids and my friends and my family all at the same time and it works out wonderfully.  I think that's lucky, as young as we are, that we have friends who are not only willing to hang out with our kids, but are good people for our kids to hang out with- even though many of them don't yet have children themselves.  Some of them do have kids and that's fabulous, too, because it gives our kids more kids to hang out with!

I didn't get many pictures this year, but we really had a wonderful time.  Now I'll take a deep breath as I realize we'll be doing the same thing all over again next weekend for Slim's birthday.  The season of crazy has officially begun around here!



**This has been Day 27 of 31 Days of Enjoying My Kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment