Pages

Mar 16, 2015

Good Morning Monday




My brain is feeling pretty foggy on this dreary Monday morning.  I'm not complaining about the weather- God knows California needs the rain.  It's just that I didn't sleep well last night.  So, despite my second cup of coffee, all I really feel like doing right now is curling up on the couch with a blanket and staring out the window at the dark gray skies until I quietly drift off to sleep for- oh I don't know- maybe 6 or 7 hours.

I blame Mindy Kaling's audiobook "Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?" for keeping me up.  When the baby went to bed at 8pm I was wiped out, so I figured I'd lay down in bed and listen to that book for a while, and then go to sleep early.  Yeah right, me!  Yeah right.  Good books keep me awake, and that's a good book.  Maybe not as deliciously amazing as Tina Fey's book "Bossypants" or Amy Poehler's "Yes Please!" but I don't think that's due to any fault on Mindy Kaling's part.  I think she's just written her book a little earlier in her story than them.  I don't know, maybe it's just me and my love for intelligent creative female role models, but I think everybody should read all three of these books.  EVERYBODY.  Go!  Now!

Anyway, I've got a few projects stewing around that I was planning on starting.  I don't want to lose my momentum by procrastinating, but I might just give myself today.  I'm thinking I'll take it slow, cuddle my baby, watch some {kid} baseball, and finish up some errands and laundry that got pushed aside the last couple of days in favor of an admittedly delightful weekend.  The word 'delightful' sounds so corny, but I had a delightfully corny weekend.  We had some friends over for a few hours, we went to a family barbecue, and there were many moments at home when I thought "Aww this is my life, how sweet."

On Sunday morning, (after a breakfast of pancakes with homemade strawberry syrup and whipped cream all cooked by Chris while I slept until 9), I returned from a jog with the baby to find my son playing out front with the two neighbor boys (remind me to talk about how awesome THAT is later because it is awesome), my middlest daughter baking cookies, and my oldest daughter sitting on the couch writing her fan fiction.  Baking cookies I get to eat and writing for fun?  Be still my beating heart.

So corny?  Absolutely.  But oh man, completely amazing.  Lovely.  Downright delightful.

No comments:

Post a Comment