Pages

Jul 2, 2014

34 Weeks

The baby is... roughly the size of a cantaloupe!  It feels bigger, but I guess if I imagine a cantaloupe with elbows and knees that moves a lot it sounds about right.  By this point IF the baby came early for some reason, assuming there are no special health problems, it would probably be fine.  It's still maturing in there, but quite a bit of what it's doing by now is just plumping up.

I'm feeling... like I'm in the home stretch.  6 weeks left has always been the arbitrary number in my head that meant I was almost there.  Of course 6 weeks is no walk in the park, but despite any discomforts I've had, the last 4 have really flown by.

Cliche (or not!) Pregnancy Symptoms... I get uncomfortably hot way more easily than I used to.  We've got the AC set to arctic temperatures, and we're paying for it.  I've decided it's worth it though- I'm so achy and tired all the time and there's not much I can do about it, I may as well address the things I can control.  We also go swimming often, and when we're out of the house we turn the thermostat up so we use a little less energy.

Gestational Diabetes... Everything is humming along just fine.  My numbers are consistent- I don't have dramatic highs and lows, I usually hover between 95 and 110.  I have my moments where I feel completely resigned and just put the food in my body because I have to, but I've also found some meals I've really enjoyed.  I'm hoping to put together a post soon with a collection of recipes that have worked.

I'm enjoying... some fun activities with the kids.  I'm pretty satisfied with myself when I pull stuff off sometimes.  I'm tired and I'm sore and I'm grumpy by the end of the day- but when I manage a backyard camp out marshmallow roasting glow stick dance party sleepover, I feel pretty cool.  Of COURSE Christopher did a lot to make that happen, too, but the point is I participated!  I helped! I was out there planting tent stakes and snapping glow sticks together and stacking pieces of chocolate between graham crackers.  And I had a good time!  Really wished I could've had a s'more, but I had a good time!

I'm looking forward to... tomorrow morning when Chris gets to open his birthday present.  It's not like it's some amazing thing, but I like getting people presents and watching them open them, and I like Chris.  So it'll be fun!  We've also got some plans for doing our own maternity/family pictures soon, and I'm kind of looking forward to that.  I really want to HAVE the pictures, but it might be a pain to take them.  My top 2 concerns are heat and potentially grumpy children.  We'll see how it works out...

Not the best picture today, but better than nothing- a belly silhouette.



No comments:

Post a Comment