Pages

Jun 25, 2014

33 Weeks

The baby is... growing and kicking and taking up a lot of room these days.  According to baby center it's probably around 4 pounds, (the size of a pineapple!)  By the end of the day the baby's feet are way up in my ribs and I already feel like I'm going to burst, so I can't even imagine what it's going to be like if this baby doubles in size by the time it's born.

I'm feeling... tired.  During the day I do alright, but I'm pretty beat by 5.  By 6 all of my muscles have started to ache.  By the time I fall into bed I'm pretty uncomfortable, but despite my aches and pains, the baby's sweet dance moves, and the sheer weight of my belly just pulling on me, I pass out from exhaustion.  I wake up 2-4 times a night to pee, but I always waddle right back to bed and I'm out.

Cliche (or not!) Pregnancy Symptoms... Nothing interesting, just tired.  My belly button looks pretty flat after a meal but it hasn't popped out yet.  I think it will before the baby comes out.  No stretch marks on my tummy, but a few on my hips.  I'm rocking the signature pregnant lady waddle, and I often underestimate how far I stick out and bump my belly on stuff when I'm walking by.  So basically, I'm just big.

Gestational Diabetes... I've been getting really tired of my food limitations, so the past couple days we've tried breaking out of the rut and finding new recipes.  It's gotten harder, too.  I'm supposed to be be able to have 45 grams of carbs at meals, but really now it's more like 30 is my limit.  At breakfast I only eat about 15 grams.  A friend who had this when she was pregnant sent me some recipes on pinterest and lent me a few cookbooks.  Half of her family is persian and she gave me a couple persian cookbooks that I'm excited to try out.

Other than that it's going fine, I only get 1 or 2 high numbers in a week- and they're not that high.  I wish I didn't have to meet with the nutritionist every week, but I understand why they do it that way and I'm just going to suck it up and finish this.

I'm enjoying... the laid back pace of summer.  We have a low stress routine that's working for us, and it's been nice.

I'm looking forward to... all of it.  Baby shower.  Baby time.  Hell I'm even looking forward to bed time tonight.  I must be particularly tired this morning while I write this, because all I seem to be able to think about is sleep. Zzzzz.


No comments:

Post a Comment