Pages

Apr 22, 2014

I'm tired!

This week is all go go go, and I'm beat.  All 3 kids had dentist appointments, which equals a couple of hours in the dentist office 2 days in a row, just because that's how this dentist does things- it's awesome and not a terribly inefficient waste of time AT ALL.

I've got a doctor's appointment tomorrow, Slim has an end of the season baseball party, and Chris is giving a guitar lesson after work.

Thursday night is open house at the kids' school, which not only fills Thursday evening but means that any spare moments between school and appointments and parties and regular homework are spent hustling to finish science fair projects.  Slim was the only one required to do one this year, but the other two like to be involved and we like to encourage science and critical thinking, so there ya go.

Did I mention I was tired?  All the time.  Also the weather is actually behaving like spring which means we have warm days and cool days and rain and sun and I've suddenly completely forgotten how to dress myself at all.  I don't know if it's really a matter of things not fitting, or if my mind has just officially signed off for the time being.

Last thing- I realized last night that I only have 16 weeks left until this baby is born.  16 weeks!  When I think of all the things I was hoping to accomplish before then, it seems so soon!  Especially considering that last week was spring break and I was reminded that it is tough getting stuff done when the kids are around.  They're older and can do a lot of things for themselves, sure, but they're still distracting.  They want to chat and they need stuff and I want to play with them.  So really I only have about 6 weeks to do stuff- barring the things I HAVE to wait to do.  And I'm tired.

On the flip side- 16 weeks!  How exciting is that!

Anyway, busy is just the name of the game around here, and with the pregnancy I simply have to let things go.  When I spend the day carting kids around and helping with projects or whatever, I don't have the energy to do anything creative by the evening, and that's ok.

Growing a human being is exhausting.  Awesome!  But exhausting.

My grape vine in the spring- we did get a little bit of work done in our jungle of a backyard last Saturday, maybe I'll share more pictures of that this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment