Pages

Apr 16, 2014

23 Weeks

The baby is... measuring at just the right size, about as big as a large mango, and squirming more than ever.  I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and everything looked good.  My doctor did say that because of the position of the baby and the way it moved, they didn't get a good look at the heart during the fetal anatomy ultrasound, so they want to do another one.  Nothing is wrong!  It's just standard procedure, they want to see the 4 chamber heart, and the baby wouldn't let them get a good look last time.

I'm feeling... well, but I tire easily.  I made it about 3/4 of the way through the zoo last weekend before I was about ready to collapse.  I told the doctor that I have lower back pain if I do a lot of walking or cleaning or whatever, and her answer was, "Yeah, you're getting more pregnant now.  Try to take it easy."

Cliche (or not!) Pregnancy Symptoms... Well, I still have to pee every 7.2 seconds.  I also wake up occasionally with numb hands or fingers, which I read can be typical.  That was something that used to happen to me every once in a while anyway, so it's not particularly new or different.

I'm enjoying... this time without the baby, haha.  Honestly, I'm really beginning to appreciate how much easier things can be when your kids are older.  When I enlist their help with household chores, they're actually helpful.  It used to be that they needed to be taught, and having them "help" took MORE time, but now they've got most stuff down.  I've been more aware lately of how quick and easy many things are now that used to be quite challenging, and in a few months we're going to be back to square one.  Of course we'll adjust, and I'm sure the kids will be helpful with the baby, too.

I'm looking forward to... some of our favorite summer time activities, like visiting the farmer's market and swimming at the lake.  I've been dreaming for weeks about these tamales they sell at a booth at the market, and this Saturday I'm going to get some.  I'll have to wait a little longer to get in the lake (unless I want to freeze my butt off), but I'm really craving the 'weightless' feeling you have in the water.  These past couple of weeks I've begun to notice the extra weight I'm carrying around.  I can't believe how cumbersome this belly already feels when it's going to get so much bigger.



No comments:

Post a Comment