Pages

Apr 1, 2014

Baby Quilting

Don't worry, I'm not quilting babies.

I making a quilt for a baby!

I'm happy with how well it's coming along.


I cut 48 squares, which I cut into 96 triangles, which I sewed back together into 48 squares.


When I ironed the new squares flat they had these annoying little flaps sticking off the corners, so I trimmed them.  Also, I love this sheep fabric.


I sewed 4 squares together to make 12 big squares.  I had to do some trimming again, because the edges didn't line up perfectly.





I've sewn my 12 squares together, and started making a white border, but I haven't finished yet.  I haven't done much quilting before, so I still feel like I don't know what I'm doing.  It's not complicated, but it's difficult to be precise.  I'm pretty happy all of my points line up so well.  I think it's mostly working because I'm taking my time.  Since I've still got 4 months until the baby is born I don't have some ridiculous deadline looming over me, (like the time I made 3 twin rag quilts the month before Christmas.)

*The color scheme was inspired by this picture I came across on Pinterest a loooong time ago, well before I was pregnant.  The pattern I found here, and simplified a little according to my taste.  All of the beautiful fabric came from www.monaluna.com.

Pretty soon I'm going to have to tackle binding, which makes me really nervous.  I've never done it before, and I'm afraid if I screw up I could ruin the whole thing.  Which might not technically be true...

Anyway, so far I think the quilt is adorable!  When I'm done I'll share pictures of the completed product.

No comments:

Post a Comment