Pages

Oct 21, 2013

Pumpkin Patch

Well, we're a little over halfway through the month and I pretty much dropped the ball on my 31 Days Series around here.  It happens- things get in the way, and we were busy.  I've already forgiven myself. I'm just going to pick it right back up again.  On the plus side, even though I didn't write about it for a few days, I did get to do a lot of fun stuff with my kids.

"Look Jeska, my fingers look like Grinch fingers!"

"And when I put them by my head, it makes my head look really big."

We decided to decorate the floor, mostly because he wouldn't hang up where we wanted him.  Also, we thought this looked funny.

He rocks ladies dollar store sun glasses, because they only last a couple of weeks before he loses them.

Wearing all red to the farmer's market, because we had a themed birthday party to attend later that day.

We also took a trip to the library, played some basketball, played one of my favorite board games with Slim and a couple of our friends, and Dear and I baked an apple pie.  She likes to cook, and we're trying to use that to help her brush up on her math skills.  Plus, then we get to eat pie!

Yesterday morning we did one of my all time favorite fall activities, and we took a trip to the pumpkin patch!

Mister enjoying the petting zoo.

Dear and her cousin, my nephew, J.

My niece A, taking a ride.

If you want it, you have to carry it to the cart- a great way to offset the cost of pumpkins by the pound.  Mister doesn't mind, he likes to do things for himself anyway.

J looks up to Slim, and follows her everywhere.  Unfortunately, at this time in her life, she doesn't quite appreciate it like she should.

Slim leaning on Poppi, my dad.  She's an affectionate girl.

Even you, A!  If you want it, you carry it!  (I may have cheated with her toward the end there.  My sister-in-law forgave me.)


Sharing the load, begrudgingly.  They both wanted to pull it by themselves.  They call each other "brother", and they bicker like brothers, but they love each other.

Normally, I struggle to keep their faces out of the picture I share here.  Partly because they're adorable, but partly because it gets tricky trying to come up with new ways to take a photo without a face.  At the pumpkin patch, though, it was easy.  They were all constantly running away from me in all directions, because they were so excited, I mostly got pictures of the backs of their heads anyway.  We had a good time, and next weekend we get to carve those pumpkins!  I love this time of year.


**This has been Day 21 of 31 Days of Enjoying My Kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment