Pages

Jun 23, 2014

Numbers

I have been pregnant for 32 weeks and 5 days.

I have known I was pregnant for 27 weeks and 3 days.

I've taken about 175 prenatal vitamins.

I've had 11 appointments with the nurse practitioner, 1 appointment with a social worker at the clinic, 3 sonograms, 1 EKG, 1 3-hour glucose test, 1 gestational diabetes class, and 3 one-on-one appointments with a nutritionist.

I've gained 25 pounds (ALL in the second trimester) and lost 13 pounds (8 during morning sickness, 5 since the GD diet) in the last 8 months.

I've been on the gestational diabetes diet for 5 weeks and 3 days.

I've tested my blood sugar 108 times.

I've counted a bazillion grams of carbohydrates, gotten up in the middle of the night to pee hundreds of times, felt hundreds of baby kicks pokes and rolls, and though I spent many days feeling nauseated I've thrown up exactly zero times.


If my baby were to arrive exactly on its due date...

I will continue to be pregnant for 7 weeks and 2 days.  That's 51 days.

I will have 6 more appointments with the nurse practitioner.

I will have 7 more appointments with a nutritionist.

I will test my blood sugar 204 more times.

I will take 51 more prenatal vitamins (that's one more refill at the pharmacy.)



229 days down, 51 to go.

I can do it I can do it I can do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment