Pages

Apr 30, 2014

25 Weeks

The baby is... closing in on two pounds these days.  According to the weekly update on baby center the average baby at 25 weeks is about a pound and a half, but according to the ultrasound tech my baby was 1 pound 10 oz last Wednesday.  I don't know how accurately they can tell, but if she's right then I figure a week later we've got to be getting close to 2 pounds.  I don't know if that means maybe I'm a little ahead of 25 weeks, or if I'll keep on going right up to my due date or past, and just have a big baby.  I know Chris was big, and I think I was 8 pounds and some change.  As long as we make it to a healthy full term baby, I don't really care- it's going to hurt coming out no matter what!

I'm feeling... totally exhausted.  All the time.   Well, most of the time- I do have bursts of energy.  I'll mention it to my doctor next time I go in, but I have a feeling she's going to say something like "Yeah, you're pregnant," again.  As I mentioned yesterday I'm trying to manage it a bit by eating snacks more frequently, and eating more protein and less sugar.

Cliche (or not!) Pregnancy Symptoms... I was thinking about this one the other day, and I'm feeling pretty lucky these days.  Of all the potential symptoms I've read about, I really don't have any aside from being tired and having to pee a lot (not counting the first 4 months of nausea, of course).  So far no swelling, no itchy skin, no stretch marks, no leg cramps, no varicose veins.  I rarely have heartburn, and when I do Tums knocks it out pretty easily.  I sometimes have trouble falling asleep at night, but only if I slept in that morning.  I'm sure some of these symptoms will hit eventually, but I'm enjoying their absence while it lasts.

Oh wait.  How could I forget the mood swings?  I literally cry every day.  Occasionally it's something that probably would've got me anyway, but usually it's something totally ridiculous.  I almost burst into tears yesterday when I couldn't find my cookies.  Yeah, you read that right.  Chris hid them so Dear wouldn't get into them in the morning (yeah she does that now, it's awesome), but he didn't tell me where, and I wanted them to take with me while I drove around doing errands.  I eventually found them, and that's probably the only reason I didn't cry.

I bawled while listening to This American Life on Monday.  I could've avoided that one, but I figured I was going to cry eventually that day anyway so I might as well do it over something worth while.  If you're looking for a tear jerker I suggest you click the link above and listen.  This week's episode was called 'Death and Taxes,' and it's a good one.

I'm enjoying... podcasts and audiobooks.  We haven't had much downtime lately.  Between the 5 of us, it feels like we've got appointments and errands every day, and I can't for the life of me seem to get a handle on the grocery situation.  I always forget something, or fail to notice we're getting low on something, and the result is one of us heading back to the grocery store every 2 or 3 days.  On the plus side, all this driving around means a lot of time for podcast listening in the car.  I'm powering through them so fast I also added an audiobook to my phone, Freakonomics, so I would have something to listen to when I ran out.

I'm looking forward to... ticking off all the boxes on my checklist.  I've got 5 weeks left before the kids get out of school, and a list of things I'm hoping to have done by then.  I have my daycare license and the privilege of watching two awesome kids when they're out of school, so for as long as possible I'll have 5 kids hanging out with me all day every day, and I don't want to have to worry about breastfeeding classes and dentist appointments by that point.  I also want to shampoo the carpet and transplant the tomatoes before then, but Chris has already committed to doing most of that for me since it's fairly heavy labor and hurts my back.  When it's all finished I'll just be hanging out with the kids, swimming, and waiting for baby.


No comments:

Post a Comment