Pages

Nov 20, 2013

Thanksgiving Links

I'm a big blog reader- I wasn't always, but I discovered them 2 years ago and since then there's been no going back.  My favorites are the hilarious stories about obnoxious kid antics that make me feel better about my own obnoxious kids, and the ones about food.  I subscribe to them all through feedly and I read them daily.  As a result, I've been drooling over Thanksgiving food for weeks.  We're hosting Thanksgiving this year, and today I wrote up my shopping list.  I thought I'd share the recipes I'll be using, in case you're looking for some inspiration.

Fatty 'Cue Brussels Sprouts- we've made these a few times and they're amazing.

Smitten Kitchen's green bean casserole- I hated green beans my whole life until the day I tried them fresh (it's not even the same vegetable as the stuff you get in a can, I swear).

Alton Brown's mashed potatoes, which we've had hundreds of times and will have a hundred times more.

Homemade cranberry sauce, gravy, and of course the turkey, courtesy of chrislovesjulia.com.  These will be new recipes for me, and I'm looking forward to trying them.  I've made a few turkeys before, but this will be my first time making one without the stuffing in it.  This will also be my first homemade cranberry sauce, because the stuff in the can just doesn't cut it for me.

As I made my list I noticed that several of these recipes credit Alton Brown, if not for the exact recipe for the basic inspiration.  I think there's a lesson here: Alton Brown is awesome.

My in-laws are bringing the stuffing and the pies, mmmmm.

We'll be rocking store-bought rolls like nobody's business.

I dare you to click any of those links and not drool all over your keyboard.

P.S. There's a Steve in my house.


No comments:

Post a Comment