Pages

Jun 18, 2014

32 Weeks

The baby is... probably about 3.75 pounds now- at least according to baby center.  When I saw the doctor last week she measured my belly and I was right on- a good sign with gestational diabetes.  I can really feel how big the baby is getting.  It's getting harder to do simple tasks because the baby is in the way, and when it moves you can really see it on the outside.

I'm feeling... a little whale like but pretty good.  When I changed my diet about a month ago everything got smaller, and it felt great.  Now I'm still not really gaining weight, but my belly is getting bigger and I'm really feeling it in my back- especially by the end of the day.  Getting in and out of bed (which I have to do a lot to pee) is particularly tough.

Cliche (or not!) Pregnancy Symptoms... does choking on water like a dummy 3 times a day count? I don't know what's the matter with me, but in the past few days I keep taking a drink, holding it my mouth absent-mindedly, and then trying to breathe and inhaling some.  I feel like an idiot.  Maybe mommy brain is a real thing?

Gestational Diabetes... I think I've got the hang of it now, though I get pretty tired of it sometimes.  My fingertips are sore and I'm really missing certain foods- particularly when I see the kinds of treats others are making for weekend barbecues and holidays.  It won't be long now, though, and Chris is doing it with me because he's supportive like that.  We intend to mostly stick to it after the baby is born, too.  You just feel so much better when you make healthy eating a priority.

I'm enjoying... summer vacation.  It's flying by so far, and I hope it continues to go as smoothly.  The rational part of my brain is saying "This won't last!  They will get bored, you will get grumpy, this will get harder!"  But part of me can't help but think maybe not!  They're older, we're getting better at this, maybe this will be our summer!

I'm looking forward to... the baby shower.  It's still a month away but I feel like it's close enough I can look forward to it now!  We're having a big barbecue and inviting all of our family and friends, so I think it's going to be fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment