Pages

May 28, 2014

29 Weeks

The baby is... about the size of a butternut squash, apparently.  This kid is a mover and a shaker, I feel it dancing around every time I sit down.  According to the doctor it's head down now, which explains why I can feel it kick a good 2 or 3 inches above my belly button.

I'm feeling... pretty good most of the time.  Sometimes I get pretty stiff, especially in my lower back, and have trouble getting comfortable.  I have felt better since I've been on the GD diet, though.  I lost 3 pounds (which the doctor says is normal) and I think it was all water weight.  I didn't realize how bloated I was until it went away.

Cliche (or not!) Pregnancy Symptoms... Well some of the symptoms I had that I thought were typical pregnancy things turned out to be due to high blood sugar.  I have way more energy now that I'm counting carbs and watching what I eat, and I'm way less moody.  I still have my moments, but in general I just feel better.  I just got my testing kit yesterday.  While it is definitely a bummer to have to poke yourself four times a day, it's really not so bad and my numbers have been really good, which is encouraging.  I'm really missing sweets and pizza, but I'll survive.

I'm enjoying... the water!  Summer is finally here!  We've already been to the lake a few times, and plan on heading back every chance we get.  Swimming is harder than I thought it would be, my body just doesn't work the way it used to.  I feel like my abdominal muscles are weak, but I've read swimming is really good for you when you're pregnant so I should probably work on that.  What I've really been enjoying is floating on my little floaty in the water.  It's the most comfortable and peaceful I've felt during the whole pregnancy.

I'm looking forward to... baby time.  I know it's still 11 weeks away, and I've got plenty of stuff coming before then, but I'm just so excited to meet this kid.



No comments:

Post a Comment